Riot Games’ mobile games surpass $100 million revenue in total

Mobile games published by Riot Games earned a total of $100 million in revenue.
league of legends riot games

Riot Games‘ mobile games League of Legends: Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, and Teamfight Tactics have increased their revenue from the App Store and Google Play to over $100 million in total worldwide.

Riot Games released its first mobile game, Teamfight Tactics, in March 2020, and the game has garnered more than 15 million downloads and nearly $27.5 million in player spending to date. Right after that, in April 2020, the Card Battler game Legends of Runeterra was released all over the world, and the game has reached close to 13 million downloads and $16.2 million in revenue since its launch. Following these popular titles, League of Legends: Wild Rift, the mobile version of League of Legends, the most popular MOBA game on the PC platform, was first released in October 2020 and continued to grow steadily worldwide. League of Legends: Wild Rift is Riot Games’ most successful mobile game to date, with 46.3 million downloads worldwide and $64.7 million in revenue, accounting for nearly 60 percent of Riot Games’ total mobile revenue.

Distribution of player spendings on Riot Games' mobile games
Distribution of player spendings on Riot Games’ mobile games

According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data, revenue from Riot Games’ three mobile games hit a new record in the second quarter of 2021, seeing revenue growth of more than 50 percent from the first quarter of 2021, with total revenue of $36.5 million. This increase corresponds to an increase of 3.4 times from year to year.

From which countries does Riot Games’ mobile game revenue come the most?

The U.S. accounts for the majority of revenue for Riot Games’ mobile game catalog, with revenue of approximately $28 million, accounting for 26% of total player spend. South Korea ranks second with 22%, while Brazil ranks third with 6.5%.

Most of Riot’s mobile gaming revenues came from Google Play, accounting for 59.4% of total player spend, with a revenue of $63.4 million. The App Store has a 40.6% share with $44 million in revenue.

When it comes to downloads, Brazil ranks first with 7.4 million installs or 10% of the total. South Korea ranks second with 9.6%, while the USA completes the top three with 8.3%.

As with player spend, Google Play ranks top for downloads with 48.3 million downloads, 65% of the total download count. The App Store, on the other hand, accounts for 35% with 26 million downloads.

A little over 16 months after Riot Games took its first step into the mobile gaming industry, the publisher released a total of three mobile games and earned $108.4 million in player spendings. The company has spent the last few years diversifying its portfolio outside of the blockbuster League of Legends, but it remains its flagship title, even on mobile.

Stay informed in 5 minutes

We send the latest and exclusive reports for the game industry to your email inbox every week.

    We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.

    Related Posts